Room and AV Setup
Sandy Strauss is a dynamic speaker who will connect with your audience! To help make this happen, your logistical support is appreciated. Please….
- Provide some space for her to move around. If possible, use a riser for groups of 100 or more.
- If possible, place the lectern at one end of the stage. Sandy needs room to walk around on stage, and she wants to ensure that the lectern doesn’t block the audience’s view.
- Provide a wireless, hands-free, Lavaliere microphone or handheld, cordless microphone.
- For any size audience, have the audience close to the speaker. In addition, it’s better to have seating a little “tight” than to have a partially-filled room.
- Have a well-lit room. Consider using spot lights to brighten the speaker’s area.
- Discuss beforehand any video camera setup. Make the camera is as unobtrusive as possible.
- Provide a 6-8 foot rectangular table at the back of the room or in the hallway for book signing and materials.
- Have a 2-3 foot rectangular table on stage or at front for props.
- Provide a bottle of room temperature water, not cold.
- If books, handouts, or other materials are included, please provide onsite help for setup the day of the event.